| "AFFYMETRIX, INC. "(AFFX)
|"AFFYMETRIX, INC. " Graph source Edgar Online Pro on April 20th, 2006
The Following data is sourced from Yahoo Finance & the ANNUAL REPORT ON FORM 10-K For the Year Ended December 31, 2005 . The overview of the company was:
Affymetrix, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, sale, and servicing of consumables and systems for genetic analysis in the areas of life sciences and clinical healthcare. The company offers GeneChip microarray platform, which includes disposable DNA probe arrays containing genetic information on a chip; reagents for extracting, amplifying, and labeling target nucleic acids; a fluidics station for introducing the test sample to the probe arrays; a hybridization oven for optimizing the binding of samples to the probe arrays; a scanner to read the fluorescent image from the probe arrays; and software to analyze and manage the resulting genetic information obtained from the probe arrays. The company also offers related microarray technology, which includes instrumentation, software, and licenses for fabricating, scanning, collecting, and analyzing results from low density microarrays. In addition, it markets CustomExpress, CustomSeq, and NimbleExpress products, which enable its customers to design their own custom GeneChip expression arrays or sequence arrays for organisms of interest to them. Affymetrix offers its products to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agrichemical, diagnostics, industrial, and consumer products companies, as well as to academic research centers, laboratories in government agencies, private research foundations, and clinical and industrial reference laboratories. It has collaborations with various companies relating to GeneChip system. The company operates in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Singapore. Affymetrix was founded by Stephen P.A. Fodor in 1991. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Highlights of Risks Related to Our (AFFX) Business
For further detail please review the 10 K Form in detail.
1. We may not maintain profitability.
2. Our quarterly results have historically fluctuated significantly and may continue to fluctuate unpredictably and any failure to meet financial expectations may disappoint securities analysts or investors and result in a decline in our stock price.
3. We may lose customers or experience lost sales if we are unable to manufacture our products and ensure their proper performance and quality.
4. We may not be able to deliver acceptable products to our customers due to the rapidly evolving nature of genetic sequence information upon which our products are based.
5. We face risks associated with technological obsolescence and emergence of standardized systems for genetic analysis.
6. Our success depends on the continuous development of new products and our ability to manage the transition from our older products to new products.
7. We expect to face increasing competition.
8. Recent accounting pronouncements may impact our future financial position and results of operations.
9. Our effective tax rate may vary significantly.
10. Our business depends on research and development spending levels for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic and governmental research institutions.
11. Our success in penetrating emerging market opportunities in molecular diagnostics depends on the efforts of our partners and the ability of our GeneChip® technologies to be used in clinical applications for diagnosing and informing the treatment of disease.
12. We may not successfully obtain regulatory approval of any diagnostic or other product or service that we or our collaborative partners develop.
13. Healthcare reform and restrictions on reimbursements may limit our returns on molecular diagnostic products that we may develop with our collaborators.
14. We depend on a limited number of suppliers and we will be unable to manufacture our products if shipments from these suppliers are delayed or interrupted.
15. Our success will require that we establish a strong intellectual property position and that we can defend ourselves against intellectual property claims from others.
16. If we are unable to maintain our relationships with collaborative partners, we may have difficulty developing and selling our products and services.
17. The size and structure of our current sales, marketing and technical support organizations may limit our ability to sell our products.
18. Due to the international nature of our business, political or economic changes or other factors could harm our business.
19. We may be exposed to liability due to product defects.
20. Ethical, legal and social concerns surrounding the use of genetic information could reduce demand for our products.
21. Because our business depends on key executives and scientists, our inability to recruit and retain these people could hinder our business expansion plans.
22. Our strategic equity investments may result in losses.
23. Future acquisitions may disrupt our business and distract our management.
24. The market price of our common stock has been volatile.
Recent articles on the medical industry:
For New Research Projects Contact The Chairman at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
products and services on this web site or letter are provided on an "AS IS," "WHERE IS" and "WHERE AVAILABLE" basis.
The KIN Consortium does not warrant the information or services provided herein or your use of this
web site generally, either expressly or impliedly, for any particular purpose and expressly disclaims any implied warranties,
including but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The KIN Consortium will not be responsible for any loss or damage that could result from interception
by third parties of any information or services made available to you via this web site. Although the information provided
to you on this web site is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, The KIN Consortium
cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available
to you for any particular purpose. Neither The KIN Consortium , nor any of its affiliates, directors,
officers or employees, nor any third party vendor, will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage
that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this web site, or resulting from the act or omission of any
other party involved in making this web site, the data contained herein or the products or services offered on this web site
available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the web site or these
materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of The KIN
Consortium or of any vendor providing software or services. In no event will The KIN Consortium
or any such parties be liable to you, whether in contract or tort, for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental
damages or any other damages of any kind even if The KIN Consortium or any other such party has been
advised of the possibility thereof. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any
viruses which may infect a user's equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone
or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator
errors, strikes or other labor problems. The KIN Consortium cannot and does not guarantee continuous,
uninterrupted or secure access to the web site.
All right, title and interest
in this web site and any content contained herein is the exclusive property of The KIN Consortium ,
except as otherwise stated. Unless otherwise specified, this web site is for your personal and non-commercial use only and
you may print, copy and download any information or portion of this web site for your personal use only. You may not modify,
copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer,
or otherwise use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any information, software, products
or services obtained from this web site, except for the purposes expressly provided herein, without The KIN Consortium's prior
written approval. If you copy or download any information or software from this web site, you agree that you will not remove
or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such information.
The KIN Consortium and
other trademarks and service marks referenced herein are trademarks and service marks of The KIN Consortium .
The names of other companies and third-party products or services mentioned herein may be the trademarks or service marks
of their respective owners. You are prohibited from using any marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags
on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of The KIN Consortium
or such third party, which may own the marks.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, The KIN
Consortium designates the following agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement: Khalid I Natto,
The KIN Consortium , Email: email@example.com, Website: http://khalidnatto.tripod.com
Use of Links
This web site contains links
to third party web sites. These links are provided only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is not and does not imply
an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by The KIN Consortium
of any information contained in any third party web site. In no event shall The KIN Consortium be responsible
for the information contained on that site or your use of or inability to use such site. You should also be aware that the