| Cardinal Health Inc. (CAH)
|"Cardinal Health Inc." Graph source Edgar Online Pro on April 21st, 2006
The Following data is sourced from Yahoo Finance & the ANNUAL REPORT ON FORM 10-K For for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2005. The overview of the company was:
Cardinal Health, Inc. provides products and services to health care providers and manufacturers. The company operates in four segments: Pharmaceutical Distribution and Provider Services, Medical Products and Services, Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services, and Clinical Technologies and Services. The Pharmaceutical Distribution and Provider Services segment distributes pharmaceuticals, health care products, and other items in the United States. It also operates a distribution network to offer branded and generic pharmaceutical products in the United Kingdom; provides distribution and support services; and operates and franchises apothecary-style retail pharmacies. The Medical Products and Services segment manufactures medical, surgical, and laboratory products, as well as distributes its products and other suppliers’ products. It also distributes oncology, therapeutic plasma, and other specialty pharmaceutical and biotechnology products. The Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services segment provides pharmaceutical development and manufacturing services, packaging, radiopharmaceutical manufacturing, distribution and analytical science services, scientific and regulatory consulting, medical education, and marketing and contract sales services. It also manufactures and markets generic injectible pharmaceutical products. The Clinical Technologies and Services segment designs, develops, and markets intravenous medication safety and infusion therapy delivery systems; and point-of-use systems that automate the distribution and management of medications and supplies. It also provides integrated pharmacy management, temporary pharmacy staffing, and gathering and recording of clinical information for review, analysis, and interpretation services. Cardinal Health was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ohio.
Highlights of Risks Related to Our (CAH) Business
For further detail please review the 10 K Form in detail.
1. Intense competition may erode the Company’s profit margins.
2. The Company’s Pharmaceutical Distribution business is transitioning its business model, which subjects the Company to risks and uncertainties.
3. The ongoing SEC investigation and U.S. Attorney inquiry could adversely affect the Company’s business, financial condition or operating results.
4. Additional restatements may be required, the historical consolidated financial statements may change or require amendment or additional disciplinary actions may be required; the Audit Committee may identify new issues, or make additional findings if it receives additional information, that may have an impact on the Company’s consolidated financial statements and the scope of the restatements described in Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
5. The Company’s internal controls may not be sufficient to ensure timely and reliable financial information.
6. Changes in the United States health care environment may adversely affect the Company’s business, financial condition or operating results.
7. The outcomes of lawsuits brought against the Company may adversely affect the Company’s business, financial condition or operating results.
8. The Company could be adversely affected by the loss of one or more significant customers or group of customers, or by a change in customer mix.
9. Difficulties, delays or increased costs in implementing the global restructuring program associated with the Company’s One Cardinal Health initiative may adversely affect the anticipated benefit of the restructuring on the Company’s business, financial condition and operating results.
10. Failure to comply with existing and future regulatory requirements may adversely affect the Company’s business, financial condition or operating results.
11. The Company’s operating results could be adversely affected by a delay in, or failure to receive, regulatory approval.
12. Circumstances associated with the Company’s acquisition strategy and internal growth may adversely affect the Company’s operating results.
13. Downgrades of the Company’s credit ratings could adversely affect the Company.
14. The Company could be adversely affected if transitions in senior management are not successful.
15. Increased costs for raw materials or raw material shortages may adversely affect the Company’s operating results.
16. Increased fuel costs may adversely affect the Company’s operating results.
17. Proprietary technology protections may not be adequate and Company products may infringe on the rights of third parties.
18. Risks generally associated with the Company’s sophisticated information systems may adversely affect the Company’s operating results.
19. The Company could become subject to liability claims that are not adequately covered by insurance, and may have to pay damages and other expenses which may have an adverse affect on the Company’s operating results.
20. The loss of third-party licenses used by businesses within the Company’s Clinical Technologies and Services segment may adversely affect the Company’s operating results.
21. Tax legislation initiatives could adversely affect the Company’s net earnings.
Recent articles on the medical industry:
For New Research Projects Contact The Chairman at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
products and services on this web site or letter are provided on an "AS IS," "WHERE IS" and "WHERE AVAILABLE" basis.
The KIN Consortium does not warrant the information or services provided herein or your use of this
web site generally, either expressly or impliedly, for any particular purpose and expressly disclaims any implied warranties,
including but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The KIN Consortium will not be responsible for any loss or damage that could result from interception
by third parties of any information or services made available to you via this web site. Although the information provided
to you on this web site is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, The KIN Consortium
cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available
to you for any particular purpose. Neither The KIN Consortium , nor any of its affiliates, directors,
officers or employees, nor any third party vendor, will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage
that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this web site, or resulting from the act or omission of any
other party involved in making this web site, the data contained herein or the products or services offered on this web site
available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the web site or these
materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of The KIN
Consortium or of any vendor providing software or services. In no event will The KIN Consortium
or any such parties be liable to you, whether in contract or tort, for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental
damages or any other damages of any kind even if The KIN Consortium or any other such party has been
advised of the possibility thereof. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any
viruses which may infect a user's equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone
or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator
errors, strikes or other labor problems. The KIN Consortium cannot and does not guarantee continuous,
uninterrupted or secure access to the web site.
All right, title and interest
in this web site and any content contained herein is the exclusive property of The KIN Consortium ,
except as otherwise stated. Unless otherwise specified, this web site is for your personal and non-commercial use only and
you may print, copy and download any information or portion of this web site for your personal use only. You may not modify,
copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer,
or otherwise use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any information, software, products
or services obtained from this web site, except for the purposes expressly provided herein, without The KIN Consortium's prior
written approval. If you copy or download any information or software from this web site, you agree that you will not remove
or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such information.
The KIN Consortium and
other trademarks and service marks referenced herein are trademarks and service marks of The KIN Consortium .
The names of other companies and third-party products or services mentioned herein may be the trademarks or service marks
of their respective owners. You are prohibited from using any marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags
on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of The KIN Consortium
or such third party, which may own the marks.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, The KIN
Consortium designates the following agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement: Khalid I Natto,
The KIN Consortium , Email: email@example.com, Website: http://khalidnatto.tripod.com
Use of Links
This web site contains links
to third party web sites. These links are provided only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is not and does not imply
an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by The KIN Consortium
of any information contained in any third party web site. In no event shall The KIN Consortium be responsible
for the information contained on that site or your use of or inability to use such site. You should also be aware that the