|The OSI Pharamceuticals (OSIP)
|OSI Pharmaceuticals Graph source Edgar Online Pro on April 10th, 2006
The Following data is sourced from Yahoo Finance & the 8K Form & the 424B3 form filed on April 12th, 11th, &6th. The overview of the company was:
OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of oncology, ophthalmology, and diabetic diseases in the United States. Its product Tarceva, an oral small molecule inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor. The company also offers Macugen for the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration; Novantrone, an anthracenedione, which is used as intravenous chemotherapy agent, as well as for the treatment of nonlymphocytic leukemia, and the relief of pain associated with hormone refractory prostate cancer; and Gelclair, a bioadherant oral gel for the relief of pain associated with oral mucositis. In addition, the company offers OSI-930, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, designed to target cancer cell proliferation and blood vessel growth, or angiogenesis, in selected tumors completed Phase I dose escalation studies; OSI-906, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, that acts as a selective inhibitor and stimulates proliferation, enables oncogenic transformation and suppresses apoptosis; and PSN9301 is in Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. In addition, OSI Pharmaceuticals, through its collaborative drug discovery program with Pfizer, develops CP-547,632, which targets vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and is in Phase II trials; and CP-868,596 that targets tumor derived angiogenesis and is in Phase I trials. Further, through its subsidiary, provides diabetes and obesity treatment in the United Kingdom. The company also has collaboration agreements with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; Genentech, Inc.; and Roche. OSI Pharmaceuticals was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Melville, New York.font>
Risks Related to Our (OSIP)Business
1. We have incurred losses since our inception, and we expect to incur losses over the near term, which may cause the value of our common stock to decrease.
2. We depend heavily on our two marketed products, Tarceva and Macugen to generate revenues in order to fund our operations and, to a lesser extent, potential upfront fees, milestones and royalties from the licensing of our dipeptidyl peptidase IV, or DPIV, patent estate .
3. If our competitors succeed in developing products and technologies that are more effective than our own, or if scientific developments change our understanding of the potential scope and utility of our products, then our products and technologies may be rendered less competitive .
4. We depend heavily on our co-development and marketing alliance with Genentech and Roche for Tarceva. If Genentech or Roche terminate these alliances, or are unable to meet their contractual obligations, it would negatively impact our revenues and harm our business.
5. We depend heavily on our collaboration with Pfizer for the continued development and commercialization of Macugen. Our relationship with Pfizer involves a complex sharing of control over decisions, responsibilities, and costs and benefits. Any loss of Pfizer as a collaborator, or any adverse development in the collaboration, could harm or cause a delay in the continued development and commercialization of Macugen .
6. Our revenues from our DPIV patent portfolio licenses are contingent upon the ability of the licensees to successfully develop and commercialize their products which are the subject of these licenses.
7. Although we have clinical candidates in the pipeline for oncology, diabetes and obesity and ophthalmology, that appear to be promising at early stages of development, none of these potential products may reach the commercial market for a number of reasons.
8. If any of our current or future marketed products, including Tarceva or Macugen, were to become the subject of problems related to their efficacy, safety, or otherwise, or if new, more effective treatments were introduced into the market, our revenues from our marketed products could decrease .
9. We are responsible for the manufacture and supply of Tarceva and Macugen in the United States. Because we have no commercial manufacturing facilities, we are dependent on two suppliers for the active pharmaceutical ingredient, or API, for Tarceva, a single supplier for the tableting of Tarceva in the United States and third parties for the manufacture of Macugen. If any of these third parties fails to meet its obligations, our revenues from our marketed products could be negatively affected .
10. A component of our business strategy is to enter into collaborations with third parties to develop and commercialize certain of our products when we believe that doing so will maximize product value. We may not be successful in establishing such collaborations, which could adversely affect our ability to develop and commercialize certain of our products.
11. Our reliance on third parties, such as clinical research organizations, or CROs, may result in delays in completing, or a failure to complete, clinical trials if they fail to perform under our agreements with them.
Risks Relating to Regulatory Matters
1. The manufacture and packaging of pharmaceutical products such as Tarceva and Macugen are subject to the requirements of the FDA and similar foreign regulatory bodies. If we or our third party manufacturers fail to satisfy these requirements, our or their product development and commercialization efforts may be materially harmed .
2. If government agencies do not grant us or our collaborative partners required approvals for any of our potential products in a timely manner or at all, we or our collaborative partners will not be able to distribute or sell our products currently under development .
3. Competitors could challenge our patents and file an abbreviated new drug application, or ANDA, or a 505(b)(2) new drug application for a generic or a modified version of Tarceva or Macugen and adversely affect their competitive position .
4. Some of our activities may subject us to risks under federal and state laws prohibiting “kickbacks” and false or fraudulent claims .
5. If we do not receive adequate third-party reimbursement for the sales of our marketed products, we may not be able to sell such products on a profitable basis .
6. The 2003 Medicare prescription drug coverage legislation, the Medicare Prescription Drug Improvement and Modernization Act, or the MMA, and future legislative or regulatory reform of the healthcare system may affect our ability to sell certain of our products, including Macugen, profitably .
Risks Related to Intellectual Property and Legal Matters
1. If we or our collaborative partners are required to obtain licenses from third parties, our revenues and royalties on any commercialized products could be reduced .
2. If we cannot successfully protect, exploit or enforce our intellectual property rights, our ability to develop and commercialize our products will be severely limited .
3. If we are unable to protect the confidentiality of our proprietary information and know-how, the value of our technology and products could be negatively impacted .
4. The failure to prevail in litigation or the costs of litigation, including patent infringement claims, could harm our financial performance and business operations and could cause delays in product introductions .
5. The use of any of our potential products in clinical trials and the sale of any approved products exposes us to liability claims.
6. If we fail to comply with our obligations in the agreements under which we license development or commercialization rights to products or technology from third parties, we could lose license rights that are important to our business.
Recent articles on the medical industry:
For New Research Projects Contact The Chairman at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
products and services on this web site or letter are provided on an "AS IS," "WHERE IS" and "WHERE AVAILABLE" basis.
The KIN Consortium does not warrant the information or services provided herein or your use of this
web site generally, either expressly or impliedly, for any particular purpose and expressly disclaims any implied warranties,
including but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The KIN Consortium will not be responsible for any loss or damage that could result from interception
by third parties of any information or services made available to you via this web site. Although the information provided
to you on this web site is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, The KIN Consortium
cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available
to you for any particular purpose. Neither The KIN Consortium , nor any of its affiliates, directors,
officers or employees, nor any third party vendor, will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage
that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this web site, or resulting from the act or omission of any
other party involved in making this web site, the data contained herein or the products or services offered on this web site
available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the web site or these
materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of The KIN
Consortium or of any vendor providing software or services. In no event will The KIN Consortium
or any such parties be liable to you, whether in contract or tort, for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental
damages or any other damages of any kind even if The KIN Consortium or any other such party has been
advised of the possibility thereof. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any
viruses which may infect a user's equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone
or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator
errors, strikes or other labor problems. The KIN Consortium cannot and does not guarantee continuous,
uninterrupted or secure access to the web site.
All right, title and interest
in this web site and any content contained herein is the exclusive property of The KIN Consortium ,
except as otherwise stated. Unless otherwise specified, this web site is for your personal and non-commercial use only and
you may print, copy and download any information or portion of this web site for your personal use only. You may not modify,
copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer,
or otherwise use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any information, software, products
or services obtained from this web site, except for the purposes expressly provided herein, without The KIN Consortium's prior
written approval. If you copy or download any information or software from this web site, you agree that you will not remove
or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such information.
The KIN Consortium and
other trademarks and service marks referenced herein are trademarks and service marks of The KIN Consortium .
The names of other companies and third-party products or services mentioned herein may be the trademarks or service marks
of their respective owners. You are prohibited from using any marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags
on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of The KIN Consortium
or such third party, which may own the marks.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, The KIN
Consortium designates the following agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement: Khalid I Natto,
The KIN Consortium , Email: email@example.com, Website: http://khalidnatto.tripod.com
Use of Links
This web site contains links
to third party web sites. These links are provided only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is not and does not imply
an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by The KIN Consortium
of any information contained in any third party web site. In no event shall The KIN Consortium be responsible
for the information contained on that site or your use of or inability to use such site. You should also be aware that the