| "Schering Plough Corp."(SGP)
|"Schering Plough Corp." Graph source Edgar Online Pro on April 21st, 2006
The Following data is sourced from Yahoo Finance & the ANNUAL REPORT ON FORM 10-K For the Year Ended December 31, 2005 . The overview of the company was:
Schering-Plough Corporation engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of drug therapies. It operates in three segments: Prescription Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health Care, and Animal Health. The Prescription Pharmaceuticals segment offers primary care products, such as allergy/respiratory products, antibiotics for certain respiratory and skin infections, and dermatologicals, including steroid creams, lotions, and ointments; specialty care products, such as anti-virals, anti-inflammatories, oncology drugs, acute coronary care products, and products for other disorders; and cholesterol-absorption inhibitors and cholesterol-lowering tablets. This segment sells its products to hospitals, certain managed care organizations, wholesale distributors, and retail pharmacists. The Consumer Health Care segment offers non-drowsy antihistamines; cold and allergy, allergy sinus, flu, and nasal decongestant tablets; nasal decongestant sprays, and laxative tablets; and foot care and sun care products. This segment sells its products through wholesale and retail drug, food chain, and mass merchandiser outlets. The Animal Health segment offers steroids for otitis in dogs, topical insecticide for dogs, pet recovery services, anti-inflammatory/analgesic for dogs, parasiticide for sea lice in salmon, antibiotic for farm-raised fish, and bovine and swine antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, pneumonia vaccines. This segment sells its products to veterinarians, distributors, and animal producers. The company operates in the United States, Europe, Canada, Pacific Area and Asia, and Latin America. Schering-Plough has collaboration and licensing agreement with PTC Therapeutics, Inc. for the development of PTC's preclinical compounds for the oral treatment of hepatitis C virus infection and other viral diseases. The company was incorporated in 1928 and is headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
Highlights of Risks Related to Our (SGP) Business
For further detail please review the 10 K Form in detail.
1. Key Company products generate a significant amount of the Company’s profits and cash flows, and any events that adversely affect the market for its leading products could have a material and negative impact on results of operations and cash flows.
2. There is a high risk that funds invested in research will not generate financial returns because the development of novel drugs requires significant expenditures with a low probability of success.
3. The Company’s success is dependent on the development and marketing of new products, and uncertainties in the regulatory and approval process may result in the failure of products to reach the market.
4. Intellectual property protection is an important contributor to the Company’s profitability and as patents covering the Company’s products expire or if they are found to be invalid, generic forms of the Company’s products may be introduced to the market, which may have a material and negative affect on results of operations.
5. Patent disputes can be costly to prosecute and defend and adverse judgments could result in damage awards, increased royalties and other similar payments and decreased sales.
6. U.S. and foreign regulations, including those establishing the Company’s ability to price products, may negatively affect the Company’s sales and profit margins.
7. There are material pending investigations against the Company, the outcome of which could include the commencement of civil and/or criminal proceedings involving the imposition of substantial fines, penalties and injunctive or administrative remedies, including exclusion from government reimbursement programs.
8. There are other legal matters in which adverse outcomes could negatively affect the Company’s business.
9. The Company is subject to governmental regulations, and the failure to comply with, as well as the costs of compliance of, these regulations may adversely affect the Company’s financial position and results of operations.
10. Developments following regulatory approval may decrease demand for the Company’s products.
11. New products and technological advances developed by the Company’s competitors may negatively affect sales.
12. Because the Company often competes with other companies to acquire or license products (whether in early stage development or already approved for commercial sale) that the Company believes to be clinically or commercially attractive, it may be difficult for the Company to enter into such transactions.
13. The Company relies on third party relationships for its key products and changes to the third parties that are outside its control may impact the business.
14. The Company operates a global business that exposes the Company to additional risks, and any adverse events could have a material negative impact on results of operations.
15. Insurance coverage for product liability may become unavailable or cost prohibitive.
16. The Company is subject to evolving and complex tax laws, which may result in additional liabilities that may affect results of operations.
Recent articles on the medical industry:
For New Research Projects Contact The Chairman at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
products and services on this web site or letter are provided on an "AS IS," "WHERE IS" and "WHERE AVAILABLE" basis.
The KIN Consortium does not warrant the information or services provided herein or your use of this
web site generally, either expressly or impliedly, for any particular purpose and expressly disclaims any implied warranties,
including but not limited to, warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The KIN Consortium will not be responsible for any loss or damage that could result from interception
by third parties of any information or services made available to you via this web site. Although the information provided
to you on this web site is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, The KIN Consortium
cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any information or data made available
to you for any particular purpose. Neither The KIN Consortium , nor any of its affiliates, directors,
officers or employees, nor any third party vendor, will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage
that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this web site, or resulting from the act or omission of any
other party involved in making this web site, the data contained herein or the products or services offered on this web site
available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the web site or these
materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of The KIN
Consortium or of any vendor providing software or services. In no event will The KIN Consortium
or any such parties be liable to you, whether in contract or tort, for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental
damages or any other damages of any kind even if The KIN Consortium or any other such party has been
advised of the possibility thereof. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any
viruses which may infect a user's equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone
or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator
errors, strikes or other labor problems. The KIN Consortium cannot and does not guarantee continuous,
uninterrupted or secure access to the web site.
All right, title and interest
in this web site and any content contained herein is the exclusive property of The KIN Consortium ,
except as otherwise stated. Unless otherwise specified, this web site is for your personal and non-commercial use only and
you may print, copy and download any information or portion of this web site for your personal use only. You may not modify,
copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, frame, create derivative works from, transfer,
or otherwise use in any other way for commercial or public purposes in whole or in part any information, software, products
or services obtained from this web site, except for the purposes expressly provided herein, without The KIN Consortium's prior
written approval. If you copy or download any information or software from this web site, you agree that you will not remove
or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such information.
The KIN Consortium and
other trademarks and service marks referenced herein are trademarks and service marks of The KIN Consortium .
The names of other companies and third-party products or services mentioned herein may be the trademarks or service marks
of their respective owners. You are prohibited from using any marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags
on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of The KIN Consortium
or such third party, which may own the marks.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the Copyright Act, The KIN
Consortium designates the following agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement: Khalid I Natto,
The KIN Consortium , Email: email@example.com, Website: http://khalidnatto.tripod.com
Use of Links
This web site contains links
to third party web sites. These links are provided only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link is not and does not imply
an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by The KIN Consortium
of any information contained in any third party web site. In no event shall The KIN Consortium be responsible
for the information contained on that site or your use of or inability to use such site. You should also be aware that the